Sunday, December 16, 2012

Newtown, Our Town

Newtown Memorial, 12/14/12

I want to look away, but I can't. I stare at the pictures. The light in the face of each little boy and girl reminds me of my own child's light. I read about their lives and cry, sharing in the devastation as much as I can. All that I am able to do is bear witness to the tragedy. My efforts aren't enough, though. I'm helpless to do more. So I sit here looking at pictures and cry. And I pray, because the families need our prayers.


6 comments:

  1. Oh Rachel we are feeling your pain from all the way across the world. Newtown has my prayers too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ann. Prayers from around the world are wonderful!

      Delete
  2. Your town and all the people and victims are in my prayers and thoughts. I hope you're okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kerry. We don't actually live in Newtown, but are close enough to feel the horrible vibrations.

      Delete
  3. I'm praying for them too.

    My neighborhood is doing tea lights along our walkways on Christmas Eve in honor of Newtown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is really lovely. Thank you for sharing. Where do you live?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...