Monday, December 3, 2012

The Mahna Mahna Phenomenon



I'm not sure whether the point of this post is to confirm George's paternity, or to show that my husband can act like a baby. Actually, it's more like a list of how father and daughter resemble one another. George and Claire both:

1) Get extremely cranky when they haven't been fed.

2) Function best with an afternoon nap.

3) Are either way too loud or completely inaudible.

4) Require face-to-face time with me at the most inopportune moments, like when I'm on the toilet.

5) Have an uncanny ability to make a giant mess out of limited resources.

6) Enjoy tinkering with computer wires and electronic equipment.

7) Crack up watching "Mahna Mahna" on YouTube.

8) Don't mind that I poke a little fun at them in this blog.

9) Love me very much.

10) Are loved by me immeasurably.

I've changed my mind. The point of this post is to thank them for #8. And to reiterate #'s 9 and 10.

Connect with: FBTwitterG+Pinterest

28 comments:

  1. Ha I love this!! There is no question that my 2 boys are their father's sons!! For many reasons you have stated above!! I long for the day I can go to the toilet or shower without a group of visitors!! Also my house of boys is one big burp, fart and doodle joke!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband has just initiated my daughter into the fart joke. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

      Delete
  2. Love this list! And now mahna mahna will be in my head all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been waiting to use the freshly minted word "Earworm" in this blog. Thanks for giving me a reason! It's definitely an appropriate time!

      Delete
  3. Aww this is so sweet--I hope they know how lucky they are to have you! And BTW the Mahna Mahna song was always one of my favorites!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahah aww. Sometimes I feel like my husband and daughter are twins as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have got a great pair there :) Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heh. I love Mahna Mahna, too! Maybe I'm related.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Following from the Nugget on a Budget blog hop. I hope you will get the chance to stop by the Nifty Thrifty Family.
    http://niftythriftyfamily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is no doubt in my mind that my husband and daughter are related. Both are extremely stubborn, quick to anger, and fight sleep like the dickens! :-) It's nice to know that she got all her good qualities from me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, number 4 cracked me up. Um, yeah, seriously, can I be alone in the bathroom??? Please???
    And thanks for an awesome Mahna Mahna reference... one of my childhood favorites. Why haven't I shown my girls that video? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get on over to YouTube!! Maybe they can watch Mahna Mahna and you can go to the bathroom!

      Delete
  10. Oh no! I think MY daughters and husband might be related to you too... (numbers 1-6 and fart jokes...) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more the merrier! I feel in good company!

      Delete
  11. Just found your blog through Sweet Pea Sylvie's blog hop, i'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These were good. Oh, babies and men have more in common than anyone prior to parenthood can ever imagine being so. Thanks for the laughs and for linking up on Friday Sillies @ Cathy Kennedy's Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This cracked me up! So cute! Thank you for linking up with the Tuesday Baby Link Up. I hope we'll see you back there again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Thanks for the link-up! Glad you had a laugh.

      Delete
  14. Funny how this post sums up my husband too! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...